Swansea Islamic Academy Hifz Class and Home, Parent/Guardian and Student Agreement
- Unauthorised and constant absences will result in an attendance review with parents to discuss further action.
- Students are required to bring with them their Quran, diary and a pen.
- Students are not allowed to use mobile phones during class hours. Mobile phones will be confiscated and will need to be collected by parent/guardian.
- The Academy is not responsible for children who arrive more than 5 minutes of the start of the class or remain after 15 minutes after the end of the class. Parents/Guardians must ensure their children are collected from the designated area.
I/We (as the parents/guardians) take the responsibility to ensure that:
- My/our child will attend class regularly, punctually on time and appropriately equipped with a minimum attendance target of 85%.
- I/we will inform the Madrasah on the first day of any absence by a phone call.
- I/we will make the Madrasah aware of any concerns or problems that might affect my child’s work or behaviour.
- I /we support each of the Madrasah’s policies concerning my child, and its expectations for behaviour.
- I/we will actively engage and take interest in our child’s Islamic learning and progress.
- I/we will do our best to facilitate implementation of what is taught in Madrasah, at home.
- I/we will attend parents’ evenings and discussions about my child’s progress.
- I/we will collect our children from the respective exits of the Masjid on time.
- I/we will ensure the madrasah fee is paid on time and accurately.
- I/we will ensure our children attend the Madrasah with the right equipment and resources for learning.
- I/we will ensure our children spend time completing any homework given to them.
- I/we will ensure to check and review the homework diary of my/our child and sign once the homework has been completed.
Swansea Islamic Academy
The academy will ensure that:
- We care for your child’s safety, happiness and development.
- Every effort is made to support your child to achieve their full potential as a student of Islam and a valued member of the Academy.
- We provide a balanced and comprehensive curriculum to meet the individual needs of your child.
- We achieve high standards of work and behaviour by building good relationships and developing a sense of responsibility.
- We will keep you informed about general Madrasah matters and your child’s progress.
- We will be open and welcoming at all times and offer opportunities for you to provide feedback on the learning experience and progress of your child.
I will ensure that:
- I will attend class regularly and on time.
- I bring all the books and equipment I need every lesson.
- I will not use a mobile phone during class hours.
- I will wear an appropriate uniform for class and be tidy in appearance.
- Respect all members of staff and students in the manner that is expected of a Muslim.
- Do all my classwork and homework on as well as I can.
- Be polite and helpful to others at all times.
- Keep the Masjid and its property clean and free of litter and graffiti.
- I will observe the correct etiquette and manners in and outside of the Masjid as a student and representative of our Academy and Islam.